I know what you're thinking, "plant stem cells, really?". Yes really. It sounds like some sort of new age nonsense but trust me - your skin is going to love this.
Plant stem cells are proteins found in plants. These cells can be taken from any part of the plant - roots, leaves or stems.
The benefits of using plant stem cells in your skincare routine include: rejuvenating aging skin, reducing wrinkles, lightening dark spots on the face, healing acne scars and burns, and moisturizing dry patches.
It's also important to mention how this ingredient is a natural alternative to synthetic ingredients or animal-derived extracts.
Let's take a closer look at how plant stem cells work to give your skin the vitamins and nutrients needed for a healthy and youthful glow.
Here are 10 reasons you need to find a skincare product that contains plant stem cells, and add it to your routine asap:
1. Plant stem cells promote collagen production, which can give your skin the elasticity it needs to tighten sagging skin.
2. Plant stem cells can also reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles that are caused by aging and sun exposure.
3. These extracts can also be used to help reduce dark spots, and hyperpigmentation.
4. They can also help with burns or cuts by boosting skin cell turnover which clears away damaged skin cells that cause discoloration.
5. Plant stem cells improve your skin's natural water retention to maintain soft, supple skin.
6. Plant stem cells are vegan.
7. They are great at source for fighting free radicals, the cause of redness and inflammation.
8. They are perfect for all types of skin conditions including rosacea, eczema and psoriasis.
9. Plant stem cells have properties that make them perfect for brightening skin and improving your complexion.
10. And lastly, plant stem cells can help heal acne by slowing down the production of sebum - a skin care issue that many people suffer from.
The benefits of plant stem cells in skincare are numerous, including reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles, keeping moisture levels balances and promoting collage production — leaving you with an all-day glow that will make you look and feel younger.
If you're seeking a natural way to give your skin a serious boost, find a lotion or serum that contains these amazing ingredients and give it a try!
Below are a few of our favorites that contain this superhero ingredient.